We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For the cake:
- 2 and 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 8 chamomile tea bags
- Cooking spray
- 4 and 1/2 cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups (3 bars) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For him frosting:
- 2 cups (4 bars) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 900 gr of icing sugar
- 3 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- Bunny Sugar Cookies and chamomile flowers, to decorate
1. Sponge cake: Pour the milk and tea bags into a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until warm to the touch (do not boil it), 7 to 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and cool completely; Discard tea bags.
2. Heat the oven to 165 º. Grease 4 molds for round biscuits (20 cm) and cover the bottom with greased parchment paper. Mix the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat the butter and sugar granulated until the mixture is soft and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well before throwing another. Add the orange zest and vanilla. Continue mixing while you alternately add the flour and milk mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture, until all the jarina is incorporated. Divide the mixture between the prepared trays.
4. Bake until the knife comes out clean when you click in the center, from 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on racks, about 10 minutes, then remove from the molds to cool completely.
5. Prepare the glaze: Beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar. Add orange juice, vanilla and salt. Keep whisking until the mixture is fluffy.
6. Assemble the cake: Place a layer of sponge cake on a cake stand or plate and cover with 1/2 cup of frosting; Repeat two more times. Place the last layer of cake and cover it with the frosting -the sides too- with the remaining glaze (save 1/4 cup of glaze for bunny tails). Decorate with bunny cookies.
How to make bunny-shaped cookies »
Via: Country Living US